Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Best Asparagus

This is yet another recipe that is so short and simple, it's barely a recipe. 

If you love asparagus like I do, you're always looking for new ways to cook it up. This is by far my favorite way to cook asparagus. 

My dad makes this asparagus on the grill, which is the best way to prepare it. However, second best is to simply bake it for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy it that way.

Less char marks and a bit softer but. Still delicious.

Dressed Asparagus
-1 to 2 bundles Asparagus
-1 bottle dressing (either Italian or a Vinaigrette. I like Raspberry Vin)

Marinate cleaned asparagus stalks in a gallon ziploc with dressing for a solid hour. Grill til cooked through, 3-5 minutes, or Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes on lined foil cookie sheet, til asparagus is cooked thru to liking.

If you want a simpler recipe, sometimes when I have no dressing on hand, I drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment