Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Double Rainbow Cupcakes

Lucky Charms- Double Rainbow Cupcakes







As per the "Super Bowl Cereal Challenge", this dessert is made with a cereal (Lucky Charms) and applies to a youtube video. Can you guys guess which? 

Let me give you a hint. "OH MY GOSH!" 


These are just from a mix and a can! I was making so many other things, I decided to cut corners here. I divided the white cake mix batter into 6 small bowls, dyed them each color, and poured them one at a time into cupcake pans. It created the rainbow marble look beautifully, and in the proper layers! I love this, really. It was so so fun. I just frosted them with a can of Whipped Vanilla icing and then put rainbow marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal. That way, the cake AND the marshmallows were both rainbows, providing, OH MY GOSH! a Double Rainbow! A perfect match for the youtube vid :)

These were my favorite in terms of look and success. Everyone got the reference and they looked so pretty. Even the wrappers looked lovely from the dye! And it was pretty amusing how the dehydrated marshmallows became soft again from the moisture in the icing. Overall, rainbow cupcakes ftw!


*UPDATE*
These lovely treats were featured on my lovely blogger friends website! This fabulous aussie's site is exceptionally fun, check it out here, and you can see her post featuring these cupcakes in cake version here!


Yay for friends :)


*SUPER DUPER UPDATE!*
Cupcake's Take The Cake has also featured me! Check it out, click below!


http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com/2011/02/whoa-double-rainbow-cupcakes.html

12 comments:

  1. I love these!! (I think I commented on another post that had these Rainbow cupcakes....) But I will have to attempt these. So going onto my Make it or Bake it List :)
    And I saw your blue french horn - I'm also HIMYM obsessed and gasped as soon as I saw it - Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my such a cute idea and these are so cute! Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cupcakes look amazing! I just recently saw a double rainbow in REAL LIFE. HAHAH(:

    and btw, thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these beautiful rainbow cupcakes before, but never decorated this way~so cute! I'll have to buy some Lucky Charms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a first for me to see rainbow cupcakes. I luv the idea of cereal topping a cupcake. My sister who eats cereal 24x7 would dig this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youtube video inspired baking, Love it! Thanks for checking out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have decided to make your cupcakes for my daughter's third birthday party in May! She's having a Double Rainbow Playground Luau birthday party. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so incredibly awesome!!!! I want to throw a rainbow-themed party just so I can make these and show them to everybody :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh!
    coolest dessert EVER!!

    ReplyDelete