Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Peanut Butterscotch Cheerio Clusters

Honey Nut Cheerios- Imma Bee-Butterscotch Clusters




My friend, Taylor, and I are relatively obsessed with the song Imma Bee. It is just so bad it's good. These treats are Honey Nut Cheerio Inspired, and a sweet childhood memory. Make them IMMEDIATELY. They are my favorite dessert shown here. They're butterscotch, peanut butter, deliciousness. I made mine into balls so they could be served in cupcake cups but, really truly, they are so much better just pressed into a 13 by 19, like rice krispie treats. They stay chewier that way, promise it's worth the lack of adorable. You should probably still make the bees though.

Imma Bee-Butterschotch Bars
Mix in a bowl:
-6 c. Cheerios
-11 oz. pkg. butterscotch chips
-1/4 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. vanilla
Bring to a boil:
-1 c. Karo syrup
-1/2 c. brown sugar
-2 c. peanut butter

Add syrup and sugar to first mix. Stir well until mixed. Put into a buttered 9x13 inch cake pan.


 

21 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Glad you posted to my blog and now I've found your blog! I'm your newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just too cute! thanks for following my blog too! mcb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are AWESOME!!!! My kids would go nuts over them! Thanks for linking up to For the Kids Fridays! I can't wait to see what you have to share next week!

    :)rachel at SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've featured you this week at the Sun Scholars For the Kids Friday Link Party! Make sure to stop by and grab a button. Love to have you link up again this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this recipe! Only wish you had told us how to make the bee. Will be sharing on our site.

    all the best,
    Sherry + Wendy @ Kiboomu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    This is Katie from the Cheerios Facebook team. We love your creative springtime recipe post and we want to share it with our fans on Facebook! Please let me know if we have your permission to share a link to your article by responding in the comment thread. Either way, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie-
    You have my permission! Just send me the link so I can see what you guys share! Thanks- so fun!! Love me some cheerios :)
    <3 meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even my DOGS' fav treat is Honey Nut Cheerios!! They will sidestep a dog biscuit for a handful~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dog too!!! he licks them out of my hand and he never licks!!!!!

      Delete
  9. Hi , I just saw this on facebook ,the grandkids would love this ! I am now a follower .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most anthropologists believe that cooking with fire was first developed around 250,000 years ago, older than Engineering, Computers, Graphics Design, The Internet and Social Media. Scientists believe that the advent of cooking played an important role in human evolution and civilization. The Development of agriculture, commerce and transportation in different regions around the world had offered cooks many new ingredients which have made them creative, with style in cooking, and optimized abilities.

    ReplyDelete