Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bacon & Egg Cupcakes & Newness!


Yep. You're seeing right.




That is bacon. Lots and lots of bacon on some EXTRAORDINARILY yummy cupcakes!! What you are seeing there, ladies and gentlemen, is a peanut butter cupcake topped with a brown sugar and maple icing, candied maple bacon, and a Cadbury cream egg. 


I mean... come on.


As many of you know, this post was supposed to be my Easter recipe post. However, Blogger had a HUGE rebellion against me and refused to upload anything at all. 


It was completely and totally uncool. Just saying.


Eventually, with lots of muttering and effort, this page was working again and could even upload things! However, my other page appeared to be down for the count, no matter what I did. I found myself faced with three options. 
1) Stop writing stupid comics.
2) Start a new page for the stupid comics.
3) Make one huge epic blog that had both recipes and my stupid comics.


Clearly, as this page has had a devastating overhaul and has a LOT more content now, I went with the monster blog of awesome! Or at least, I think it turned out pretty awesome. Which brings us to the newness. You can now find a blend of all updates- recipes, comics, crafts, photos, etc., here on this one site, under the "Home" tab! You can then also find everything mentioned AND all the rest organized in their respective tabs, (e.g. All Recipes, All Comics, All Crafts). 


For those of you just here for the food, DO NOT WORRY! This site will still be dominated by recipes. Like the Bacon and Egg Cupcakes I promise I am getting to!




Dear Gosh, so delicious. 

I just also felt I should address the change so no one just coming in here got confused by all this. There is kind of a lot happening in one web-space now but, I think if we all just see where it goes/how this works, it'll all be fine. 

That's the hope at least! And now, onto the recipe I am sure you are all now dying for. "Bacon and Egg" Cupcakes were an outstanding dessert. This was my first attempt at making a dessert with Bacon and the results were AMAZING!

People were raving about these cupcakes. I was flattered and blushing with the things people were saying about these lil devils. I even got a marriage proposal after someone took a bite. 

Clearly, you need to make these right now. Bacon Cupcakes. Plus, they look so adorable with the little Cadbury eggs settled into bacon nests.

Make and enjoy :)



Bacon & Eggs Cupcakes
*Originally seen Here! At Crazy, Sexy, Delicious. Their cupcakes are more legit*


Make your cake:
- 1 yellow cake mix, prepared according to directions 
+ 3/4 cup peanut butter


Bake and allow to cool completely. Should be fluffy and peanut buttery. 


Make your brown sugar mixture, a main component of the rest of the cupcake (1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp nutmeg, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tablespoon white sugar). 


Prep your icing:
- 1 can vanilla icing (I wanted to used can because it is SO sweet and would be the sugar to the bacon but, you can obviously make your own vanilla icing)
+ 1/4 cup maple syrup
+ 1 tbsp "brown sugar mix"


Stir, should be slightly runny but still hold shape. The little sugar granules will add charm, promise. Don't try and smooth them out, you'll just hurt yourself.


Time for the bacon!
- 2 boxes "ready cooked" bacon
- 1/4 cup syrup
-Remaining brown sugar mixture.


Cut the bacon up with a scissors, put into a large mixing bowl. Pour on syrup,  stir to coat. Add 80% or so of the brown sugar mix, stir to coat. Lay parchment paper down on a baking sheet. My oven was at 400, I am not sure if there is a better temp or way to do this as I made all of this up but, put your sugared bacon in the oven and let it cook until it seems caramelized/sizzles some but isn't burning. Remove and sprinkle with that final 20% of sugar mix. Allow it to cool completely! Should be slightly chewy/sticky from the caramelized syrup.


Ice your cupcakes and use the bacon to make nests. Settle mini Cadbury cream eggs into bacon nests (should make 24 cupcakes so, you'll need 2 mini cartons). Serve to your skeptical friends! I'm sure it will be a hit :)


Featured On:
Bacon & Egg Cupcakes!! 

10 comments:

  1. Better late than never! I'm sorry blogger was being a beeyotch. I know someone who completely lost their blog on there, eek! I'm on there too and really nervous that something stupid will happen and I'll lose my material. Glad you got back on here! These cupcakes look like so much fun! Glad you were able to finally share them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me with the bacon, but not with the sweet cupcake part. It's a personal failing on my part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea was originally posted on Crazy Sexy Delicious Cooking blog, and reposted on Cupcakes Take the Cake. You mentioned seeing them online but not knowing where from. ^_^

    http://yummyluv.blogspot.com/2011/04/bacon-eggs-like-youve-never-seen-them.html

    I just saw this post from cupcakes take the cake and saw the original post underneath as a suggested post. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, cupcakes topped with bacon. Looks very interesting to say the least. I am definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! Some desserts I run across just make me want to lick the screen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cupcakes, wish I can have one of those right now. And I love your sketches and I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I've never tried bacon&maple syrup, but I've made bacon blackberry cupcakes which were yummy, so I really do trust you when you say it's divine! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yuk sounds minging

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cupcakes look really amazing and the combination is very tempting. The only question now is, how am I going to get my hands on some cream eggs ...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. $Bacon is the token for the Bacon Blockchain Lottery a token on the BNB Chain that gives 5% of all transactions into BNB Rewards. 100 Diamond Hands share 2% rewards every sunday. The Liquidity is locked until 2032 and no one person can own more than 3% of the Bacon tokens. If you agree it is time to finally "bring home the bacon" - then take a chance with the Bacon Blockchain Lottery!

    For more information visit our website:

    Bacon

    ReplyDelete